Record Number of Delegates Learn Latest About Elite Solutions; Raise $17,588 for World Bicycle Relief
June 26, 2017
More than 1,100 attendees representing the leading legal and professional services firms and corporate legal departments from across the US and worldwide descended on Orlando, Florida from June 5-8 for the Thomson Reuters Elite VANTAGE 2017 conference.
The four-day conference, held at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, was the latest in the company’s VANTAGE series, a global event program designed to offer Thomson Reuters Elite and Thomson Reuters Legal Tracker™ (formerly Serengeti Tracker™) clients across the globe the opportunity to gather new insights, share best practices, and network among their peers.
This year’s event was the biggest and best to date, drawing a record number of attendees and exhibitors. More than 300 educational sessions and tutorials were presented, on topics covering the full range of Thomson Reuters solutions and services, including 3E®, Enterprise®, ProLaw®, MatterSphere®, Business Development Premier, eBillingHub® and Legal Tracker. Attendees also learned further details around a number of new Elite solutions including Elite Data Insights, Matter Pricing, BDP Cloud and 3E Cloud. In addition, there were breakout sessions and exhibitions from more than 49 partner organizations which are part of the company’s Global Strategic Alliance Program.
Addressing attendees at the start of the two-day event, managing director Eric Ruud reiterated the company’s customer commitment, detailing plans to further enhance products while putting even greater focus on customer feedback and user experience.
Another major highlight included a dynamic keynote address from F.K. Day, founder of SRAM Corporation, a leading bicycle component manufacturer, and co-founder and CEO of World Bicycle Relief (WBR). The speech was titled The Power of Bicycles: How listening to your end user is key to creating successful impact in business and philanthropy. Over the course of VANTAGE, $17,588 was raised for the organization—an amount that Thomson Reuters will be matching. The money raised will be enough to buy 238 bikes to be distributed to students to help them gain access to education in rural developing regions worldwide.
Other standout moments of this year’s event include:
- Inaugural issue of the Thomson Reuters Legal Tracker™ LDO Index, an industry benchmarking and trends report based on anonymized data from more than 1,000 legal departments representing more than $71 billion in legal spend
- Focused sessions on the Lawyer Experience which included updates on new Workspace Assistant, Matter Pricing, and Paperless Proforma functionality
- An in-depth Executive Management session moderated by Robert Burger from Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox which allowed attendees to get answers to their questions on product development and investment, cloud technology and business direction
- Multiple sessions on Cloud migration, security and best practices provided by Microsoft Azure experts and solution architects
- Interactive peer networking sessions facilitating discussions on what firms and corporate legal departments are doing to prepare for key challenges and opportunities on the horizon in the legal industry
“Our VANTAGE conferences are a place where our clients come, year after year, to learn, discover, and share information about developments and best practice in the legal technology sector,” said Eric Ruud, managing director of Legal Enterprise Solutions at Thomson Reuters. “This latest global conference is no different. We are very pleased that we can offer all of our clients a range of market-leading products but also that we can provide an educative forum for learning and disseminating best practice techniques among a wide peer group. Our clients value the opportunities each VANTAGE conference offers, and we’re dedicated to ensuring the series continues to grow well into the future. These forums also enable us to form even closer partnerships with our customers, and work ever more closely together to shape the future direction of our product strategy.”
Elite is the leading global provider of an end-to-end enterprise business management solution, which allows law firms and professional services organizations to run all operational aspects of their firms, including business development, risk management, client and matter management, and financial management. For more information, visit Elite.