Discover a Powerful Way to Efficiently Manage your Matters
Client & Matter Management ensures consistent, repeatable matter workflow processes that keep your teams all working productively and profitably toward the same goal.
MatterSphere transforms matter management operations from end to end by providing firms with a single unified way to view and manage day-to-day activities including clients, cases, workloads, and all related documents and reference materials.
Built within the familiar Microsoft Office environment, MatterSphere automates and standardizes manual processes with built-in workflows, while providing you with complete visibility into your firm’s practice activities. Easy to deploy and run, MatterSphere legal matter management software links seamlessly with your existing front and back office systems, while its modular design means you can choose just the functions you want and add more as you need them. Its smart architecture is designed to naturally evolve as your business does.
Robust Technology Foundation
MatterSphere isn’t like other Office add-ons; in fact, it’s not an add-on at all. It is built completely on Microsoft .NET technology from the ground up. By using a Smart Client approach directly inside Microsoft Office, MatterSphere provides legal professionals with one unified view of information from all firm-wide business areas and data silos within the easy and familiar Microsoft office environment. The result is a strong, enterprise-class solution with limitless functionality for matter management.
Now you can give your clients 24/7 secure access to the case data that you decide is important to share. The Web-based application lets clients view details about their matters, including any relevant documents, as well as collaborate with their lawyers.
- Give your clients 24/7 access to their case data
- See matter milestones
- Download point-in-time reports
- Share documents with your clients
- Publish documents from the MatterSphere DMS to share with your clients
- Clients can upload and download documents themselves
- Configure, develop, and brand to your requirements or use the already created role-based access
- Built on HTML5 making it highly configurable and cross-platform compatible
- Gain peace of mind with built-in security that lets you control what each user sees
Designed to optimize firm efficiency, MatterSphere V6.0 introduces several enhancements to the solution’s core engine to provide even greater convenience and ease of use throughout day-to-day activities:
- PDF Precedents – Workflows are streamlined for required government documents by enabling clients to create PDF precedents. These PDFs can also be shared externally.
- Document Bundling – Clients can create a single PDF file for all documents against a matter with MatterSphere V6.0’s document bundling capabilities. Multiple documents can also be produced at once with the new bulk printing feature.
- Document Internal Linking – This collaborative feature makes it easy for internal teams to share documents internally using email links.
- Microsoft™ Office® Support – MatterSphere V6.0 will be compatible with Office 2013.
- Autonomy V9 compatibility – MatterSphere can now be used by sites who run Autonomy Worksite V9
MatterSphere helps you stay on track with your tasks and actions. You can build smart collaborative workflows, access controls, generate reports, and manage customer relations with an interface that is easy to roll out, configure, and manage. The Key Dates feature allows you to create procedures that track key events and dates, set reminders and review prompts, and tag events with heightened importance.
MatterSphere streamlines the creation, management, and storage of documents by providing a matter-focused view that allows access and organization for a variety of matter-related items—all in one central location. You have full version control, check-in/check-out/lock options, as well as capabilities to preview and compare multiple copies of documents, making editing a much faster process. MatterSphere fully integrates with third-party document management systems including Autonomy WorkSite (iManage) and OpenText ECM (Hummingbird), further automating document workflow and enabling the firm to seamlessly leverage existing system investments.
With MatterSphere, you can streamline document automation with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. The Document Automation module produces standard templates for the production of documents, paragraphs, and clauses that help increase the accuracy of finished documents and lower the response time from event to output. The Precedent Manager includes all of the default precedent templates used by the core system, such as letterhead used for general correspondence, telephone notes, email templates or financial statements.
Intuitive contact management features allow legal professionals to create and maintain a single, global contact repository. MatterSphere manages multiple contacts and contact details for each matter, providing centralized storage and access to contact information across the entire firm. Contact management extends far beyond simple name and address storage—relationships between departments, matter, and documents are also automatically stored, and each contact can be associated with different files and documents in different capacities. As a result, communication is enhanced, and storage and accessibility of information is improved.
For more information, contact your account representative by completing the Information Request Form at the top of this page or by calling +1 800-977-6529.